Friday, March 29, 2013

Cardio & Abs is a great way to start break!

Since I took a rest day yesterday from the gym, I wanted to do a workout today that got my heart pounding and some sweat running!

I didn't get to the gym until 5pm (later than when I usually arrive, which is usually between 4:20-4:30pm) but since it was Friday and the start of my spring break, I didn't feel the need to rush and then get home like I usually would!

There is only one stairmaster at our gym so I was pretty happy to see that it was free! I hoped on up for a quick moving 25 minute cardio workout. What I love about the stairmaster is that its a great cardio workout but you can feel it in the butt and hamstrings ;)

Next up was my speciality....abs!

I like to do my ab workouts in my gym's aerobics room (not only because there is more room...but dance party in front of mirrors? heck yes!). Today's ab workout consisted of:
  • 100 bicycles (4 sets of 25)
  • 50 side crunches on each side (2 sets of 25 for each)
  • 45 V-ups (3 sets of 15)
    • Ive started to use a bar weight when I do these to add an extra challenge
  • 50 cross legged sit up pulses
    • Cross your legs then lay down.
    • Don't do a full sit up motion, slightly lift your upper part to where you can feel it in your lower abs.
  • Toe touches/L sit ups
    • Do 20 toe touches
    • Lower one leg so its right above the floor (legs are now in shape of L...one is till up in air, other is parrael to ground)
        • Do 15 sit ups
    • 20 toe touches
    • Switch legs and repeat 15 sit ups.
  • 100 Russian twists with weight/medicine ball (5 sets of 20)
  • 1 minute plank
  • 30 second side plank (each side)
I then finished out my workout by having a single dance party to some Lady Gaga! Good thing I was alone in the exercise room!



No comments: