Saturday, March 30, 2013

Saturday morning run with best friend!

                                     Today was such a beautiful day for a morning run!

One of my best friends, Tori, and I had planned on going on a run this morning and we couldn't ask for more perfect weather! Tori is getting married in October (*cue girly squeal*) and has been working out lately aka "sweatin' for the wedding". I took her for a run 2 weeks ago and ever since then, she has been going out on her own and really enjoying it! She even bought a Garmin Forerunner 10 to track her runs so now our watches can be best friends ;)
 
After my usual pre-run breakfast of peanut butter on toast with a cup of juice, I met up with Tori in Old Trail. We ran for almost 3.5 miles and, like typical girls, talked the whole time. But I am proud to say that Tori ran her fastest 5k time yet! :) :)

After our run, despite the beautiful weather, I decided to go into my gym to do some abs and weights. I popped in my ipod and did the following:
  • 25 lunges with weights
  • 40 side left lifts with resistance band per leg
  • 50 calf raises with weights
  • Brazillian Butt Workout ---> http://thehautebunny.wordpress.com/2012/05/08/brazilian-butt-workout/
  • 60 toe touches with weights
  • 45 V-Ups with bar
  • Twisted hips in plank -30
    • Get in front plank position
    • Keeping your upper body still, twist your hips to one side and have touch the ground. Vice versa with other hip. That is one rep.
  • Leg lifts with block on feet
  • 1 minute plank
  • Superman's
  • 60 lat pulldowns
  • 45 tricep dips
Hey, whose the freak taking pictures of herself in the gym.
 
I hope everyone was able to get out today and enjoy this lovely spring weather! Happy Easter weekend!!

No comments: