Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday morning workout

I survived my first week of teaching! I still have lots to get done for next week, but the first thing I wanted to do to start out my weekend was sleep (got 9 hours and slept past 5:30! Glorious!) and get a nice workout in since I slacked in that area this past week.

Oh yeah, and got this friendly reminder this morning....ahh!

Ok IT band, time for you to stop hurting so I can actually get in new miles!


Today's gym: arms, abs, and it band exercises 

Warm up was 30 minutes on the elliptical before putting on my weight gloves and heading to do arms. I did 3 sets of 12-20 for the following:

rows
bicep curls
front arm raises
tricep dip machine
chest press
shoulder press

Abs was 3 rounds of:
30 crunches
30 sec plank
30 bicycles 
30 sec side plank (each side)
20 scissor kicks

I finished out with some it band exercises with a resistance band. Nothing like a good night sleep and a good morning workout to start off your weekend! :)


Tomorrow is suppose to be a 16 mile run. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me that I'll  be able to get up to 16 if not close (pending on how my it band feels)! 

No comments: