Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Where have I been....

Still trying to get organized in my classroom and actually get a good flow going....lesson planning....trying to get sleep....fitting in workouts when I can and running....actually getting in 16 miles for training so my hopes for the marathon have been raising...trying to get sleep.....get the pattern?



I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've written on this. When I have gotten to workout, it's been something quick with machines or free weights. I did go to a BodyPump class which had my arms screaming the next day.
 My marathon training was starting to become disappointing because of my IT band, to the point where I was looking into dropping out :( But I didn't want to give up just yet. I haven't gotten past 12 miles, and even then, it was painful. I laid off the running for about 2 weeks, doing at most, 3 miles every few days. I worked on my IT band exercises and glute strengthening exercises. Last Sunday, I had this optimistic feeling that I could complete a long run. I decided to try for 16 miles, by doing a 8 mile loop finishing at Ben's. This was because if my IT band was hurting, I would just stop and be done.
BUTTTT......16 miles went pain-free!! I was so excited at the end that I had completed new mileage and didn't have any pain once! Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for me as I go for 18 miles this weekend.

I hope (no promises!) to update more soon :) 

No comments: