Friday, August 15, 2014

New gym plus abs!

Greetings from NOVA! 

I am all settled in and got my gym membership set up yesterday at a gym called XSport Fitness. It's an express one because it is 24/7 (cause clearly I plan on working out at 3am) plus its a decent size gym and very affordable monthly rates. 

I started out by 30 minutes on the elliptical before doing some leg machines, especially ones that weren't at my old gym, such as the abductor, adductor, and laying down leg curl. After a few rounds of legs, I grabbed a mat and laid down on the only avaiable floor space I could find (the one con to this gym, no space really to do abs, etc unless you use the aerobic room when a class isn't going on) and did a great ab circuit. 

40 sec plank
40 leg lifts
30 scissors
30 criss cross
20 cross crunches
20 heel touches
1 min crunches
1 min V-holds
10 jackknife sit ups
20 Russian twists
10 weighted sit-ups
30 crunches
20 weighted oblique crunches
:45 sec plank
20 hip twists in plank
25 Russian twists
30 Vertical Leg Crunch
10 Weighted Sit-Ups  

Not wanting to leave just yet, I decided to do some various arm exercies (tricep dips, shoulder press, flys).
I left the gym feeling very upbeat which is always a good way to start a Friday :) Hope everyone else has a great Friday as well! 


No comments: