Wednesday, July 24, 2013

After a few days off from not posting, this post will be filled with both a new workout and a yummy dinner recipe!
 
Half marathon training update
51 days to go! Since I was out of town this past weekend for a friend's bachelorette party, I chose not to run the 6 miles scheduled and moved it to this past Monday. I was a little worried that the heat would get to me, and it was definitely warm the first few miles. Around mile 5, it either cooled off or my body had gotten used to it (probably a mix of both) because I felt wonderful the last 2 miles! This Saturday will be the 7 mile run!
 
Today's workout
Today was a 3 mile run which I had hoped to just run across the street from my gym to my high school (WAHS '08! woop woop!) and run around the cross-country course. Well I ended up doing a quarter of the course because it wasn't mowed and had changed since I had run it last. It ended up being an obstacle course of tall grass, spiderwebs and turn arounds. I did plan my run right because right when I got in the doors of the gym, the heavens opened up!
 
After wiping off the spider webs and doing a tick check, I did the following Arm and Abs workout:
 
Here's a clip of what Mac raises are if you aren't sure --> Mac Raises
 
Dinner: Brown rice, shrimp, avocado
After finding this recipe online, I wanted to make it for my family! It was a really easy recipe: make the amount of rice you need, shrimp and a whole avocado cut up. Mix them all together and you're done! It was so yummy! I am all for easy, yummy and healthy meals ;)
 
 
Happy Hump Day!
 
 

No comments: