Saturday, July 27, 2013

Peanut Butter Run

Happy Saturday readers! Today is the first day of my 2 week August Break and I hope to make the most of it!

Today is the 7 mile run for my training. I was happy to see when I checked the temperature for this morning that it was going to be in the low 70s. I went onto MapMyRun last night to come up with a route near Ben's house. The route was coming out of his house, turning right out of his neighborhood and continuing on for 3.5 miles then turning around. I LOVE this website and app because it is so helpful for running long distances.

Before running this morning, I made my usual 2 toasts with peanut butter. I always eat this with time to digest before running. Wellllll around mile 2, I started having really bad cramps and thought maybe it had to do with the peanut butter...?! I just kept drinking water and taking deep breathes till the cramps went away. I had read in some fitness magazine on what to do when you get cramps while running and one advice that I really like and use is whatever side your cramp is on, when the opposite leg hits the ground, deep breath out.

The rest of the run was much more enjoyable, and I definitely finished on that Runner's High! Now to enjoy the rest of the day with Benjamin and resting my legs!

No comments: