Monday, June 1, 2015

Summer Legs

With bathing suit and shorts and skirt season upon us, it is time to get these legs ready for summer! With my IT band issue,  I do a lot of glute exercises which helps strengthen my IT band and then running always keeps my legs pretty solid. Even so, do other leg exercises can also help strengthen them and keep them strong.
 
I started out moving around various machines (leg press, leg curl, glute kickback, etc) doing 3 sets of 15 reps.
I then finished out with this leg circuit:
 
Wrapped up with a quick ab circuit of:
30 Russian Twists
10 sit upts
:30 plank
20 vertical leg crunches
:20 plank
10 jackknife sit ups
40 oblique crunches
:15 side plank (each side)
30 crunches
:40 plank
 
Now to sit back and enjoy a glass of wine and remind myself I have 9 days of school left.

No comments: