Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Leggy Monday and 1st Sworkit workout

This post was meant to be posted yesterday, but I kinda forgot. Case of the Mondays! I ran 8 miles on Friday before hitting the road to Lake Anna for a bachelorette weekend. We drank, ate, swam, laid out, laughed, etc. A very relaxing weekend, but my body was definitely feeling a bit gross after the drinking and eating (although none was regretted!)
 
 Drinks and best friend on the water, can't complain!
 Yummy dinner by the water
 
Wine tasting with the Bride-to-Be!
 
 
After babysitting all day yesterday, I headed to the gym. 30 minutes on the elliptical on the cross-country setting (while enjoying an episode of Gilmore Girls, never gets hold). The main focus of yesterday's workout was a leg workout:
I'm feeling some thigh burning this morning for sure!
 
So Sworkit app....I've been hearing about it and decided to download it and give it a try. It reminds me a lot of the Nike Training Club app I used to use. You choose what you want to focus on (strength, yoga, cardio) and from there you pick what you're targeting (whole body, lower, body, core, etc), then select the amount the time you want to work out. They show you a 5 sec preview of what you'll be doing with each exercise, before doing a :30 sec clip of the exercise. Very easy to figure out.
I decided to do a 10 minute core exercise. It varied from crunches, bicycles, V sit-ups, side planks and other exercises.
I think it'd be helpful for anyone who does home workouts or need some structure while at the gym. Try it out!
 

No comments: