Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Last run before Sunday

After last week where I felt that I always had to be home after work to be finishing assignments, this week is like a vacation having no big assignments due (Student teaching is pretty much over and my final project for my other class is due in 2 weeks). Having time to catch my breath and get in a workout before this weekend and not feel rushed is wonderful. Come mid-May when graduate school will be over and before summer swim team begins, I promise my blog will be more entertaining with more workouts and pictures!

I had PT Monday and again tomorrow. Today I decided to knock out one last run before the half. I *might* do a 1-2 mile run Saturday morning to wake the legs up before Ben and I head into DC. Another reason I wanted to get a run in was that I ordered an IT band wrap and haven't gotten to use it yet. I gave it a try for today's 4.5 mile run and didn't feel any pain, but not sure if that was the wrap's doing or not. I'm still on the fence on whether I'll try it for Sunday. I would've liked to have gotten a few more runs with it just to get used to the feel of it (I had to adjust it like 5 times). Stay tuned!

After the run, I came in to do my homework. I definitely will continue to do these exercises after my run, my glutes always have a nice little burn after I do them!

Finished out with some abs!
40 crunches 
5 sit-ups 
20 scissors
30 bicycles 
:25 plank
:20 side plank each side
30 Russian Twists
20 Vertical leg crunches 
15 jacknife sit ups with weight
:40 plank

Now to start putting together my packing list for this weekend! See you this weekend DC!

No comments: