Saturday, April 12, 2014

Run for Autism 5k

The sun was shining and the birds were chirping while a record 1,200 people ran the VIA's Run for Autism 5k this morning! I was also glad that my IT band didn't hurt at all and I actually ran my fastest 5k time in a very long time! 26:20 (8:30 pace), yeah! 

The course took us from a track at a high  school through a park through a pretty neighborhood...with lots of ups and down roads...and then back to the track. My only con on this race was no water station during it. Even though it was a family friendly 5k, I was so thirsty by mile 2, I would've loved some water!

After I finish, I stayed around for awhile catching up with some old co-workers and just enjoying seeing people finish. I particularly loved seeing via students run it with their families and the complete joy on their face :)
These bracelets were being passed out so I had to snatch one up...what if everyone ran? Hmm....

When I got back home, I changed shirts and headed to the gym with Ben! First thing I did was foam rolling and some good leg stretches. Ahhhh!

Next was an arm workout I had found on Pinterest and my arms were a little shaky near the end, especially doing dips!


After that, I had Ben work with me on proper posture for a few exercises (a perk of dating a personal trainer!) and then did an easy round on the elliptical while Ben finished up. 

So looking forward to not waking up to an alarm tomorrow!

No comments: