Monday, June 30, 2014

Weekend Recap + Sandwich idea!

This past Friday I ran the Vine to Wine 5k at a local vineyard. I got to see my good friend/Disney buddy Hannah who was also running. It seemed like the humidity had gone down by 6:30, though I still decided to run in a sports bra and shorts. The course started at the vineyard, took us to the main road and then turned back.

The first mile I felt great....2nd mile is when the humidty hit and I was really glad I wasn't wearing a top and wishing there was more than 1 water station....3rd mile my thoughts were holy shit it's hot, I wish I had run with water, and where did the shade go?. Yes a 5k is short, but it can be tough! Especially on a gravel road in the sun.


The water at the finish was so refreshing. Oh yes, as was the wine!

I put on my Crozet Running shirt afterwards to represent the store who was also a sponsor! 


This race was put on my Corkscrew Running who does various other races in vineyards and I would love to do another one! 

Sandwich Idea

I found this sandwich idea online a few months ago and finally got around to getting the ingredients and making it today for lunch. So delicious! It left me satisfied and not feeling full & heavy like some sandwiches do. Also, it was very refreshing! Chives& onion spread with tomatoes, avocados, and cucumbers! I meant to get a picture but it was a bit messy....and I was really hungry! 


No comments: