Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pure Barre

Today at 12 I tried out Pure Barre at the request of a friend who has really enjoyed the classes. Pure Barre is: In just 55 minutes, you will achieve a total body workout targeted at the areas of the body women struggle with most:  seat, hips, thighs, abs, and arms. Each strength section of the workout is followed by a stretch section, which will help you achieve a long, lean, and strong physique. 

The first class is also a free class is which is a nice bonus!

The class takes place in a small studio and all you need is a ball, resistance band, and light weights. 

It always takes a new class for me to get a reality check about my muscles. This class had me doing various positions and exercises that I have never done and my thighs were screaming towards the end of the class and my butt was definitely feeling it. 
My instructor was super sweet as well, she went over some exercises after the class that I struggled with and explained what the muscles were doing. Something I always have to remind myself, especially when trying out a new class, is that some aspects of the class won't come easy the first go-round and to not compare yourself with others because they probably have done this a few times before. 

If you live near a Pure Barre studio, I recommend you give a try (remember, first class is free class!). I saw that ACAC offers Barre Strength classes which I am assuming is very similar that I will have to try out! 


No comments: