Sunday, July 20, 2014

Weekend Recap

Saturday 
Saturday was a 4 mile run day and I decided to change up the scenery (I can only run the same Crozet routes so many times before going crazy) and run across the street and run around the old XC course at my high school. Figured it would be just about a mile to the course, do the course then run back to make it 4 miles. 
Well I spent 2.5 miles running through cobwebs (I felt sticky and like a bug was on me all day), leaping over logs, and recreating trails that have overgrown. It was bit of an obstacle.
Afterwards, I came inside ACAC to do some stretching and various butt and ab exercises while Ben finished up (single leg deadlifts, step ups, planks, v-ups).
The highlight of yesterday was hiking up to my favorite overlook, Humpback Rock. It's about a 40 minute hike up the side of a mountain to large rocks that overlook the valley and where I live. It's very breathtaking.

Today
Today was a 7 mile run day. I woke up around 8 to get a run in (it was a bit rough getting up when I was dead asleep and very comfy) but I wanted to be back with plenty of time to spend with Ben before he left. It was wonderfully cool with temps in the low 60s. 
But oh were my legs sore after yesterday! I felt it as soon as I got out of bed. I stretched the best I could before heading out. The first 2 miles I felt like I just shuffled along, not going at my best full stride. When I can tell I am going slower than my usual pace, I try to not look at my watch and not get discouraged. I know my body wasn't feeling its best ( I am also fighting a cough), I am not going to run 100%. My IT band acted up a little bit around mile 5, but wasn't too bad. I ended feeling a lot stronger than I did when I started and actually ran just about the same time I ran 7 miles my last time. 
Lots of leg rolling happened tonight along with my peppermint foot & leg lotion! 

No comments: