Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Catching up on this...

I finally feel like I can sit down and catch up on this blog! All of Friday and Saturday I was at JSL Champs with my swim team where I stood on my feet all weekend! I literally sat down to eat, and drive to and from home. No wonder my feet were swollen come Saturday night! Talk about a way to kill your legs. So much so, I was suppose to do a 9 mile run on Sunday but that clearly didn't happen. No way. Instead I went to the gym and do a few rounds of cardio and abs.

Yesterday my best friend Tori asked if I wanted to join her for an insanity class at her gym since she could bring a guest for a free. I had planned on going to the gym anyways after babysitting, but wanted to give the class a try (plus girl time is never put down). I have known a few people who did insanity in their home, but that seemed to die out quickly.

Tori and I got to the gym right when the class had started and it was off to a FAST start! Lots of jumping around and getting that heart rate up FAST! 3 instructors rotated on doing the class and we did different circuits with each instructor....certain time on squats, jump lunges, pushups, then repeat. The class was only 45 minutes long and both of us were super sweaty by the end of it. My butt and hamstrings are really sore today, which is good because that is an area I've been trying to focus more on. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who is just getting into the fitness scene because I felt a bit overwhelmed at times and the speed is fast.

My roller is going to be my best friend tonight for sure! 


No comments: