Saturday, August 17, 2013

10 mile run

Happy Saturday!
 
Today's run was the 10 mile run for my training program. 27 days till the half! I was so glad to see that the weather today was going to be in the 60s so I wouldn't feel the need to wake up and run before the heat! I slept in, had my pre-race peanut butter  & toast, charged my Garmin forerunner and updated my ipod, and figured out my route before heading out!
 
 
There were parts during my run where I was just feeling....blah. I tried to just stay focused on looking ahead and getting into the music and my "world" (what I call when I start to daydream while running). It wasn't until around mile 5..after I almost stepped in a hole, which would have been a bit disastrous, that I was really able to get into a rhyme. The one good(&bad) thing about where I live are the hills!! I pretty much run on hills, gradual or steep, most of the time, so that comes to my advantage on race days when there is usually 1 or 2 big hills. The bad part  though is that, duh, they are hills! Talk about tiring your legs!
 
By the time I finished, I was a bit hungry (seeing it had been a few hours and good amount of calories burned since my toast!) so I went into a café and got a Pineapple Paradise smoothie and a breakfast sandwich!  I had drank all of my water by mile 8 so I was quite thirsty and the smoothie hit the spot! I always try to re-fuel myself after a long run because of the amount of calories I burned, mainly so I don't start to feel shaky or sick! After my Disney half, I didn't eat right after because I was still taking everything all in and calling my parents. My mom immediately said "eat something or you'll start to get shaky".  

 
Caroline leaves for college tomorrow so we are helping her pack (really go through all of her clothes)! I still can't believe my baby sister is going to be a college girl! :(
 


No comments: