Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Arms & Abs superset

Something I've learned when getting into running, especially long distance, is that having strong arms and abs (core) helps! I have always tried to get an equal balance on working out each body part, but I've really gotten into habit of doing arms or abs after a run.

Having a strong core really helps with running because it helps keep your body balanced and proper balance for running. Having strong arms helps when your legs are dying. It may sound silly but when  I did my triathlon last year, my legs were shot towards the end when I still had half a mile to run uphill. A spectator on the side yelled out "Hey #35, use your arms!!" Realizing he was yelling to me, I really started swinging my arms and I could feel the pressure coming off of my legs . It may sound cheesy but its very helpful!

Today's Workout
After my 4 mile run this morning, I did the following Arms & Abs workout. The only change I made was instead of suicide planks, I did planks.
 
I have attached videos below to some of the workouts to help show what they look like!

No comments: