Wednesday, August 14, 2013

5 mile run with a splash of a sorority sister

Happy beautiful Wednesday everyone!!!
 
Today's weather was the perfect weather for getting out and doing something!! Running, walking, biking, or just sitting on your porch and reading! Weather like this makes me so happy :)
 
After having a case of the Runners Blues yesterday when I threw in the towel after a mile (ok, it also looked like it was about to pour any second), I was hoping to feel much better today.
 
About a mile and a half in, a car drove by me and the driver was waving like crazy. Not being able to recognize who it was in the split second I had seen them, I figured it was just a family friend. However, when I turned around to look at the car again, I immediately recognized it as one of my sorority sisters, Rebecca! Ah,  the joys of college and sorority bumper stickers ;) I waved back, but at that point, she had gone over the hill, so I kept running. I stopped a little further up to fix my hair (worst thing ever to happen while running), when who comes flying down the road, Rebecca!! She had turned around to catch up with me, wanting to join me on my run! We ended up running just about 2 miles while talking away What else do you expect out of girls?! ;)
 
After we got back to Rebecca's car, I ran the 2 miles back to the gym, running a total of 5 miles. I plan on resting my legs the next two days before running 10 miles on Saturday! Today marks 1 month until my half!
 
I finished today's workout with a quick round of  Super Sweaty Abs
 
 

No comments: