Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mixing it up Monday and crockpot recipe!

Good evening readers!
 
I just got done eating a yummy dinner that I made in the crockpot: Fire Roasted Tomato Chicken . I put everything in the crockpot this morning before work and then served it over no yolk egg noodles tonight. It was very hearty and yummy!
 
 
Back track to yesterday's workout (today's was just a run):
I wasn't sure what I wanted to do when I got to the gym yesterday. It was a rainy Monday so I was dragging once I got to the gym. I got on the elliptical to do a 20 minute warm up then chose to do a leg workout. Even though I run, I still like to do leg strengthen exercises to help strengthen them and prevent any injuries, especially knees. During my half back in February, my knee started really bothering me around mile 9, which led to me slowing down a lot for 2 miles. I don't want that to happen again.
 
I did 3x15 leg press on the machine where you are laying down and literally pushing your legs up...90 pounds.
2x25 walking lunges with weights
3x20 calf raises with weights
3x20 leg curls
50 single leg deadlifts with 25 pound weight, each leg.
 
I was also feeling this in my booty afterwards ;) 
 
Next up was abs:
:35 plank
5 side plank dips each side
20 crunches
15 vertical leg crunches
:15 cobra stretch
:40 plank
40 Russian Twists
10 jackknife sit ups
30 bicycles
:30 side plank each side
 
I then finished out with some various back and arm quick exercises, gotta work on that posture! :)


No comments: