Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Gym update

Semi-exciting news (depends if you are a gym rat or not)...due to my new TA job with the county, one of the benefits is a huge discount with my gym, ACAC. There are 3 ACAC locations in the Charlottesville area. I currently belong to the small, express one in Crozet, which doesn't offer half the amount that the other 2 locations do (including a pool). So today, I took advantage of that discount and signed up for a 3 for 1 deal...all 3 gyms for $60! Hello! I am super excited to try a bunch of classes and perhaps get back into swimming!

In the terms of working out....

I was hoping to have a great, feel good workout today cause my day had been awesome so far. Well halfway through being on the elliptical (where I was stuck either watching Wife Swap, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, or the local news...all less popular choices), my stomach started grumbling. I had had a granola bar around 2ish, since I had eaten lunch around 11:15, and had hoped that would tie me over till dinner. I was trying to ignore it but I could tell I was losing fuel while doing arms and then abs was almost torture cause every crunch was a growl from my tummy monster! Needless to say, make sure you never workout on an empty stomach!!

Arm workout:
3 x15 bicep curls
3x15 upper back machine
3 x 12 tricep back extension
3x15 shoulder press
3 x 15 chest press
 
 


No comments: