Monday, September 16, 2013

Run Like a Diva Half recap pt. 1: Expo

Good evening readers!

I believe I have finally recovered and gotten reorganized from this weekend. Besides the run on Saturday, I also had a bridal shower yesterday (Gatsby would've been proud of the 1920s themed!), and I ended up getting back home later than expected, 6am this morning came quite quickly!

Friday evening: Expo

After picking up Ben, we drove the hour+ (gotta love NOVA traffic on a Friday evening) to the Health & Fitness Boutique so I could pick up my packet as well as check out the vendors. It was easy to spot where the expo was taking place when we pulled up because of all the ladies leaving with their pink drawstring backpacks. We got there a little more than an hour before it closed so I felt very rushed to pick up my stuff and look around. The inner OCDness in me does not like waiting till the last minute! I ended up getting some goodies for me and my mom, who is my running inspiration.
I always like to get stuff that I couldn't just pick up at Dicks or a big sports place. I like seeing the different vendors and getting a chance to see workout clothing companies!
Race shirt, bib and drawstring backpack!
My goodies!
 
As well as got a picture with the Diva Drag Queen (at least that's what I assume he was)
 
After the expo, Ben and I went and checked into our hotel (shout out to the Courtyard Marriot at Dulles Town Center for a wonderful stay) before going to get a later than expected dinner....and where else better than to carb up than at Noodles & Company! Super yummy!
 
After laying out all my stuff for the morning, I hit the sack. 5:20 wake up call can come quickly!
 


No comments: