Thursday, September 26, 2013

Swim workout!

It's almost the weekend!!
This time tomorrow I will be arriving in Virginia Beach for Tori's bachelorette party and I am STOKED!!

Since I am now a member of all 3 ACAC Charlottesville locations, I decided to dust off the swim suit, cap and goggles and go for a swim after GOTR today; especially since the downtown location is less than 5 minutes from where we meet for GOTR. I was pretty excited to get back in the pool after a year of not swimming!
 
I found the following workout on Pinterest to do:
For those who don't know what 'pull' is in swimming, it is when you get a block and put it between your legs and swim with just using your arms. My shoulders were screaming!
 
It felt pretty good to get back in the water again :) Although I did end up ramming my left foot/big toe into the wall when I was swimming breaststroke because the woman I was sharing the lane with was also doing breaststroke and was more on my side than hers. Ouch!! What a way to end a workout :(
 
Now off to pack! Here's an early 'cheers' to everyone, hope you all have a great weekend!
 
 

No comments: