Sunday, November 24, 2013

Girls on the Run 5k

"Girls on the Run is so much fun, Girls on the Run is #1!"
 
Yesterday was the Girls on the Run 5k at Sweet Brier College in Lynchburg. After an early wake up call (5:50 alarm on a Saturday is brutal), we met up with each other at the elementary school and hit the road! We were bundled up because with that wind, it was freezing!
 
Before the race, the girls could get their hair done ...which my girls loved...with hair spray and glitter, get info on Anti Bullying (get one finger painted blue) and other fun festivities for them!
I got my hair sprayed too but couldn't get a picture of it :(
While we were waiting at the start line, they were playing pump up music and they played Katy Perry's Roar and our girls went crazy! We were singing and dancing, a great way to start a run (and keep ourselves warm!).
 
I was going to be a buddy for one of our girls and stuck with her the whole way. I do have to say I was a bit surprised by the difficulty of the course, hilly and gravel. My favorite part of the course, as was my little buddy, was running by the barn and stables where the horses were out!
 
I was extremely proud of my buddy to get pushing herself and loved seeing her happiness when she crossed the finish line and they announced her name (all the girls had their names on their bibs) and got her medal, her smile was pure joy. :) :) Same goes to all the other girls!
The coaches at the race!
 
I'm sad that the season is over and won't be getting to see these energetic, hilarious girls 2x a week anymore! :( Until next year!
 
 

No comments: