Thursday, November 7, 2013

Recap of the week


Hello!
Sorry for being MIA the past few days, I have been busy getting re-organized after a relaxing 4 day weekend! Only a 3 day work week but I am exhausted!
Here's a recap on some exciting news this week!
 
Tuesday
I registered for the Nike Women's Half Marathon DC in April 2014! I first heard of this race via Pinterest when it was just located in San Francisco (DC and San Fran are the only locations for this race) and what really caught my eye was that instead of finisher medals, runners get a race themed Tiffany necklace!
Since I have had bad luck with my past 2 DC area races, mainly getting there due to traffic, I am hoping 3rd times the charm for this race, especially since it is in the city!

(pictures from last year's race)
 
Wednesday
Yesterday I agreed to be a swim coach for a local year round swim program, CYAC. I will be coaching 2x a week starting next week! I loved coaching summer league a few summers ago and am excited to get back into it.
What will be nice too is that I will have an hour & half between getting off of work before practices so I will have time to get a workout in prior :)
 
Today!
Today at Girls On The Run was the girls practice 5k! The 5k race is in 22 days and the girls ran AMAZING today! It was great to see how happy and excited they were for themselves when they finished and I know they will be the same on race day!
I especially loved seeing the parents and other teachers come out and cheer on the girls, even the school's afterschool program made signs and came out!!
My mom came too and ran with a few of the girls, she said it was great :)
Before running, we got all pumped up by singing and dancing to Katy Perry's "Roar".
 
Today's workout!
I am not sure if it is the time change or what, but I was feeling pretty sluggish when I got to the gym after GOTR and almost turned around and went home. It could've also been my mind was going in a 100 different directions with all what I needed to do tonight but I knew if I didn't work out today, I'd regret later!
I did 25 minutes on the elliptical before doing 80 squats for the PliƩ Squat Challenge. I did it with a 25 pound bar over my shoulders.
After that I did a Sculpting Abs workout I found on Workouts Daily instagram:
45 crunches
30 Russian twists (with barbell)
25 bicycles
15 leg lifts
20 single leg lifts
30 V-crunches
25 bicycles
1 minute side plank (per side)
50 high knees
10 scissors
 
Now I am crawling into bed, TGIF tomorrow then on my way to Ben's! Wish I could teleport that drive though!
 
 
 

No comments: