Monday, February 24, 2014

Legs/Butt/Lower Abs

2 days after the Mud Run and I have little pain in the strangest areas....like my left ankle bone..and a random spot in my arm. Guess this race brought out inner weakness/strength I didn't know I had!

Today's Workout
I decided to spend time on the lower half of the body today. I did 20 minutes on the stairmaster before doing various leg/butt workouts -- leg press, smith machine squats, lunges, resistance band leg lifts, kickbacks with dumbbells in leg and calf raises.

For the lower ab workout, I split up a workout between resistance bands, an exercise ball and "captain's chair". With the resistance bands, it looked like this:
3 sets of 12 reps 

Next, with the exercise ball:
Again, 3 sets of 12 reps. 
I had to put a mat under my hands because this hurt my wrists doing.

Ending with leg lifts on this...seriously, what is this called? This exercise is called "Captain's Chair" (or maybe it's the name of the machine? I should probably find that out!)
 




No comments: