Monday, May 6, 2013

Feelin' Good Monday!

After an unexpected break from the gym the past few days, I was ready to get back to my playground! Ben and I ended up going to the Washington Capitals game Saturday (my new favorite sport---and what I am watching right now as I type this!) so we didn't make it to the gym but I did wake up early and get a 3 mile run in which felt wonderful! My legs felt like the horses at the start of the Kentucky Derby when they run from the gates, ready to go!

Onto today's workout!

First up was a 20 minute elliptical warmup. I did 5 minutes going forwards, 5 minutes going backwards, etc.

Second, was the Crossfit workout I've mentioned before with a minor change...I switched the squats and situps.  I had a pretty nice sweat going after this (and some interesting looks from folks when they'd see me jump off the treadmill and starting doing pushups etc then get back on)
 
Third, Day 28 of the Squat Challenge -230! (This was suppose to be yesterday's challenge but didn't get done due to my traveling). Since I did 180 squats from the Crossfit, I only had 50 more squats to do after.
And last, my 600 ab set!
 
I downloaded some new music to my ipod last night and I can say that Next to Me by Emeli Sande and Heart Attack by Demi Lovato are my new workout songs obsessions!
 
 

 
 

No comments: