Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope everyone spoiled their mommies today! Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers out there!

Mother's Day here started out with the traditional breakfast in the bed. Caroline was the master mind behind the breakfast this year--> yogurt, egg heart in toast, cinnamon bun heart, and muffins. Glad we had plenty left over for the rest of us to enjoy ;)

 
 
I got my mom the Garmin Forerunner 10 watch (the one I use) but in green! She is currently injured but I know she is very excited to use it once she gets back into running!
 
The Workout
 Since my 10k is a week away, I decided to run 6 miles today. I mainly wanted to do this to see what time I could do it in. I am hoping to PR this race from my 10k in the fall.  I ended up running today in 52:36, a pure 2 minutes and 16 seconds faster! yes! I hope this is the same for next Sunday!
 
Healthy/workout tip of the day: Make sure you say hydrated during a run, even if it isn't really warm out!
 

No comments: