Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros & Cons of Historic 10k

 Picking up my stuff Friday evening



This morning I ran the 1st ever Historic 10k in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Below is a list of the pros and cons of the race and everything with it:

Pros: low 60s so perfect running temps (minus a quick drizzle), wonderful hospitality at the end with the amount of water and food supply, a surprise finisher medal, seeing the amount of love and support the military men and women (who were volunteering the whole event) were receiving from everyone, conquering the "dreaded" Hospital Hill (living where I live comes in handy for running on hills).


Cons: disorganization on the 10k behalf, the amount of traffic getting to the event all on one exit, being told various directions or none at all, being late to my shuttle due to the traffic problem therefore missing my start THEN being told that it doesn't matter because my chip wouldn't start till I crossed the start BUT then seeing my results and that not being true (*angry face as I type this...and this part is still under investigation), Ben and I unsure on where to park, not PRing.

Haha so as you can see, there were much more cons than pros. The results issue is a huge problem to me right now because that to me is a big part of the race...I finished in 56:04 but results show I finished in 1:13...something seems off right? I plan on nipping this in the bud. But overall, I was disappointed with the event but happy on how good I felt during the run.

Being up at 5 on a weekend though? Ugh, runners problems ;) Good night!

No comments: