Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bike/Leg Workout

Ok seriously, I hope this snow is done! Spring is Thursday Mother Nature, get your act together!


Breakfast: Maple brown sugar oatmeal with peacans; orange juice


Lunch: Left over tri colored rotini, French bread slice, clementine, nature valley bar, water.


Since my knee hurting on Sunday, I've been reading up on what could've caused it and all results have pointed to my IT Band. Women are at a higher risk of IT band injuries because of our hips, it causes our knees to turn in while running (gee, thanks hips!). Its recommended to do cross training, biking or swim running to help strengthen the knees and of course stretch!


My knee has felt perfectly fine since Sunday, but I decided to test it out today since today was a 4 mile run day . I hoped on the treadmill and within .25 of a mile, I started feeling some pain (noooo!!!). I ended up doing 4 miles on the stationary bike and no knee problem.


I spent the rest of the time at the gym doing leg workouts to help strength my legs in hopes to help strengthen my knee. I did leg press, leg extension, leg curl, lunges, leg raises with resistance bands and calf raises. Each with 3 sets of 15, weight vary.


I finished out with the foam roller (which was a bit harder trying to get myself to roll on my side knee without getting rug burn on my arms!)


*So for whatever reason, my pictures aren't loading when I do my blog on my computer but I'll be sure to hopefully get that figured out soon!*



No comments: