Monday, March 31, 2014

Gosh Darn Knee

I was so glad to see the weather for this week, running weather, yippee!! This past weekend was suppose to be a 10 mile run, but I postponed it to today. Pro: Sunny and in the 50s; con: windy! Nothing like a little resistance to add a little more obstacle to the run!

But my knee had other plans.

Around mile 3, started feeling a little pain. Great. I decided to keep running (mainly because I wasn't close to the car at all and would've had to walk back anyways). Around mile 8, I was alternating between running and walking, which wasn't helping either. I stopped at mile 8.75 (1.25 mile to go!) to adjust my ipod on my arm, I pushed off to continue running and got the WORST PAIN shoot through my knee!! Aughhhhh. Really?! I limped back to my car the rest of the time.


After talking with my mom and doing some reading in my Marathon Training book I bought today (while limping all over B&N), she told me I need to lay off of it for awhile and both she and the book recommended swimming to help with the IT band. So looks like some swimming workouts will be coming your way this week! 


No comments: