Monday, March 10, 2014

Stretching on the back porch

Whoever decided that the time change should take place on a Sunday night at 2am is evil. I was so confused and out of it waking up and eating breakfast when it was pitch black out! Ugh. The kids sure felt it today too.

Although on my training schedule has today has not running, I could not pass on any opportunity to run in perfect running weather! I only ran 2 miles but they were fast! For my half marathon runs, I usually keep around a 9 minute mile, but today I was running at an 8 mile pace! I had to make a phone call regarding my Masters at 4 so by the time I came back in, I only had time to do some abs and then leave. The ab set I did was one I have done before but for only 9 minutes, really works. SO much planking!

After my phone call (which ended around 4:30), I felt the need to keep enjoying this weather so I grabbed my yoga mat and went out to my back deck. My deck overlooks our property (I live on the side a mountain remember) and a creek. I can't wait for everything to bloom again and not have naked trees. I stretched some, and then did this quick yoga session. I know it says Nighttime, but the poses are great relaxing ones!
 I didn't do the last one because that was a bit uncomfortable to do on a deck ;) 

I hope everyone is getting able to get out and enjoy this weather somehow! 

No comments: