Saturday, March 8, 2014

Running and Shooting

I have finally started my training for the Nike Women's half in April and today was 7 miles! I could not have asked for a more perfect morning to run!
I parked at a park near my house to complete a 7 mile loop around Crozet...Ben even passed by when I was around mile 4 while he was off to get medicine and then when I was coming back into the park, I passed my mom who was just starting her run!

I was feeling great during my run, I had Glee playing the whole time and was feeling fast but comfortable. Around mile 5 though, my hamstrings started tighting up. I've been stretching and using my leg roller since Thursday when they were feeling tight (thanks Strength&Circuit) but they still came back to bite me today! I knocked off 3 minutes from my previous 7 miles time though! 

After lunch, Ben and I met up with Tori and her husband to go shooting! First time for both of us! My ears are still ringing but it was fun! I didn't hit a target...unless you count the air or leaves.



No comments: