Monday, March 3, 2014

Snow Day...again!

So the saying is so far true: Spring comes in like a lion, out like a lamb.

Woke up to snow...again...and no school....again. 

My Face ---> :-|. 

I am suppose to start up my training this week for the Nike Women's Half in April, but in order to do that, I need to get out of my house! No more snow mother nature please! I feel like we were just getting out of our other storm.

Since we were going to be snowed in today, I decided to make a Chicken Chili recipe   in the crockpot. Results of it will be below.
After it started cooking, I changed out of my pajamas (which is so hard to do on a snow day) to do an in-home workout in my room. I haven't worked out since Thursday and I could already tell my body was getting that "haven't been to the gym in a few days so starting to feel like a slug" feeling.  I found this workout that didn't take too long but still got some muscles woken up.
*Instead of jumping jacks/jump rope -- I did mountain climbers. One slight jump in my house and it shakes.
I then did a round of abs to finish out.

After showering and helping my mom with some projects, it was time to try the chili! It smelled AMAZING!
Took the first bite.....HOLY MOLY IT WAS SPICY!!!!!
It was delicious but the spices definitely had taken over this! *
A warning to anyone who does not like spicy food*

No comments: