Saturday, June 22, 2013

Fitness Survey and Functional Workout #2

Happy Saturday everyone!
Ben and I are currently relaxing and watching Pirates of the Caribbean (hello Orlando Bloom!) so I decided to whip  open my laptop and write today's blog. On Peanut Butter Fingers blog, I saw that she had answered a fitness survey and I thought it'd be fun to do it! 

1. What did you eat for breakfast?
bowl of cheerios with a glass of OJ :) 
2. How much water do you drink a day?
I'm not sure. About 3-5 glasses, including when I'm not the gym.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Cross-fit workouts I'm finding online! 
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
I have no idea.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
I am a big snacker! I love pita & hummus, apples & peanut butter, trailmix, peanuts
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Usually a sandwich or wrap with some fruit and triskets or whit thins. Or leftovers :) gotta love leftovers. 
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
abs!
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
arms
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
I don't think I have any "bad" food cravings but I do have a sweet tooth that makes a hardcore appearance  every now and then
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Just a daily vitamin for women. 
11. How often do you eat out?
Not often. Only if I'm meeting up for lunch or dinner with friends and when Ben & I get together, we usually go out at least once. 
12. Do you eat fast food?
If this is referring to McDonalds, Burger King, etc. then no (but I do love mcdonald smoothies!).  Some people may refer to Subway as fast food, which I eat, and since Ben and I started dating, my stomach as learned to love Chipotle's soft tacos (again, some people may or may not refer to that as "fast food").
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
Ben, my family, and close friends. 

14. Do you have a gym membership?
Oh yes!!
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
7-8 hours, since I wake up at 6:30am, I try and go to bed no later than 10:30 but sometimes that doesn't happen ;) 
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
I don’t plan cheat days. I just try to make conscious decisions about my food choices for the most part, but I eat crap from time to time, too. 
17. Do you drink alcohol?
Yep.
I’m not a big drinker, but I enjoy drinking socially with friends and having a glass or two of wine in the evenings.
Oh and margaritas.  

18. Do you have a workout buddy?
Nope, I'm a lone ranger on this! When Ben and I do go to the gym together, we don't workout together. I actually like working out by myself because I can just focus on myself. I have enjoyed doing races with friends because even if we aren't together for the actual run, it's nice to have someone to be with before and after.


19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
How I have become a role model to some people. I don't mean for that to sound cocky whatsoever but it's nice to hear compliments and people asking you for advice. 
Also just feeling good about myself. :)
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Gym this morning.....which leads me to talk about today's workout!
After doing 30 minutes on the elliptical (switching back and forth between going forwards and backwards), I did the following workout, resting only 30 seconds between the rounds, which I did 3 of. 
I

I just repinned a bunch of new workouts on Pinterest that I will be eager to try this week! Stay tuned! 



No comments: