Saturday, June 1, 2013

Post run workout/ "The Edge"

Yesterday's workout consisted of a 3 mile run in my new running shoes (yes I get really excited when they arrived, hello hot pink!!)
 The run turned out to be much hotter weather than what I expected when I started out. When I got back into the gym afterwards, I felt like I was on fire, my whole body was hot (and I ran at 10am) I got myself cooled down before doing some ab and butt workouts. Abs were my 600 workout then butts were 100 squats and 100 donkey kicks. I wasn't really feeling it since I sorta felt sick to my stomach from the heat :-/

Question: What post run workouts do you do, if any?

After a fun evening of celebrating Caroline's graduation last night (yay Bubs), I enjoyed sleeping in, finally, and catching up with some family this morning before Ben and I headed to the gym.

I did a 30 minute elliptical (alternating forwards and backwards every 7 1/2 minutes) before doing a Nike Training Club workout: The Edge.

8 to 15 pd dumbells needed.
1 minute light jog
1 min slide and glide
2 min side plank
1 min burpee to shoulder press
2 min single leg deadlift (1 min each leg)
1 min single arm plank rows
:30 sec squat jumps
:30 sec froggers
1 min squart arm curls
2 mins single leg deadlift row
1 min v ups
1 min walk out
2 min side lunge with arm curl
2 min deadlift with alternating rows
:30 sec 2 feet forward/backwards hop
:30 sec mountain climbers
2 min single leg clock squats
1 min suitcases
1 min burpees * (I changed this to jumping jacks since I have dislike for burpees haha)
1 min plank row to shoulder press
2 min alternating step back lunge row
1 min plank with leg lift
 
 
I recommend if you are looking for a 30 minute (I left out the 3 minute stretch portion) full body workout!

No comments: