Friday, April 5, 2013

2 mile fast run and Pink Grapefruit Smoothie!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!
 
 
Today's weather turned out to be much nicer than was expected earlier this week (though with how Mother Nature has been, who knows anymore!) so decided to go on a quick 2 mile run! I'm going on a Girls Weekend with Liz and Tori so I know I won't be getting a workout out in.
 
Breakfast was Peanut Butter overnight oats then good bye to Ben then off on the run!
 
I decided to really push myself on this run and see how fast I could go. I've also read that if you want to run faster in races, then you must train faster....duh. Since this run was only going to be 2 miles (1 mile up a road then turn around) , I knew I could push myself.
 
 
I ran my first mile in 7:12, a new record (and a time I haven't run since my middle school days haha)
 
 
 
 
The 2nd mile provided some challenges because I was running against the wind and also on a slight hill since I was running back towards my mountain. I knew my time wouldn't be as fast as the first mile but still didn't stop because of that challenge!
 
Finished time
Not too bad!
 
 
Got back to my house and made myself a yummy Pink Grapefruit Smoothie! Felt very refreshing and its so delicious!
 
 
Now I gotta finish packing and getting other things done before I hit the road!
 
Have a great weekend everyone!
 





No comments: