Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday morning workout, let's go!

Breakfast: a cup of juice, a slice of banana nut bread and strawberry greek yogurt. I woke up earlier than I wanted to this morning but went out on my front porch and enjoyed this lovely spring morning :)

This weekend for my 10k training consisted of a 4.5 mile run. I used the MapMyRun app to put together a run that resulted in me doing a loop that took me through Crozet.
Running by cows only happens when you're a country girl ;)

Since it was a beautiful morning (I know repetitive, I just love spring!) for a run, I was really excited to get going.....
.....until around mile 2. When I had to go to the bathroom. really bad. uh oh. Luckily a good song came on my ipod which totally distracted me until I got back to my gym.
Has anyone ever had the urge to go while running? What do you do?!

When I got back to my gym, I immediately went straight into today's squats for the Squat Challenge--160! I did 80 on the squat machine then 80 off of it.

After the squats, I did 100 fire hydrants on each leg. A nice gluts workout for sure! woo!

The abs today looked like this:
 
75 crunches
75 side crunches, each side
75 cross legged crunches
1 minute bicycles
 
1 minute break
 
50 crunches
50 side crunches, each side
50 cross legged crunches
1 minute bicycles
 
1 minute break
 
25 crunches
25 side crunches, each side
50 cross legged crunches
1 minute bicycles
 
I was pretty hungry by the time I got home so had a turkey wrap for lunch and my usual post workout glass of chocolate milk!
 
Have a great weekend everyone!

 
 
 


No comments: