Thursday, April 25, 2013

2 mile hill workout & Lower Ab Attack

Today's breakfast consisted of the ever so yummy Peanut Butter Overnight Oats! I was dragging a bit this morning and this definetely helped with waking me up! If you like peanut butter, I reccomend :)


Workout

Last night, I was reading up on the 10k I will be doing in May. I came across this part in the description that inspired my running workout for today:

......Hospital Hill is the 200 foot, two mile climb....
 
Yay. Just what ever runner likes to see, a 2 mile hill. I read more and this will take place I believe from mile 3-5.  
 
 
Knowing that this hill will either make or break most of the runners, I knew I had to prepare.
Today's run for my 10k training was actually a 2 mile run so I decided to run up and down a hill right next to my gym as many times as I could until I reached 2 miles.  I figured this would be the best way for my legs to get used to the endurance without going out and finding a 2 mile hill in my area (though with where I live, may not be that hard).
It ended up going by pretty fast and I only ran it up 3 times before running less than a quarter of a mile to finalize the 2 miles.
My legs were feeling sore but great (as was my booty) when I went back into the gym....to do 150 squats. Yep, my butt sure was getting a workout today!
 
I then finished with Lower Ab Attack. The only thing I changed with this was doing 10 lying leg raises (3?! really?!)
 
I left the gym feeling that awesome feeling that I love getting when I leave after a great workout. That feeling got even better when I got home and saw that this came in the mail today! Beast!!
 
 
 
 


No comments: