Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Jumping Jacks with weights and more!

Howdy everyone!

In going all with the subject, let's just *jump* right into today's workout!


Ben and I got a late start to the gym today (which I can not complain about seeing that it is my break, I've been wanting to sleep late and 7:45 am does not count in my mind!)

Since today was National Light It Up Blue for Autism Awareness Day (*fyi...April is Autism Awareness Month*), I had to show some VIA pride! For more information about autism, please feel free to go to http://www.autismspeaks.org/.


 I did 20 minutes of the elliptical then went into the aerobics room to do the rest of my workout!

I found this back & shoulder workout on Pinterest and wanted to give it a try, especially with the jumping jacks with weights!

I definitely felt the burn in my shoulders in my jumping jacks, even with just using 2.5 pound weights!
 
Next up, was the Brazillian Butt Workout
 
I then finished with my usual ab routine...for me, I have to do some sort of ab workout whenever I am at the gym:
sit ups with weight--3 sets of 15
100 crunches
100 bicycles
50 side crunches (50 each side)
50 toe crunches with weight
50 V-ups with weight bar
50 "side lefts" with weight--I don't know what else to call this. You stand with a weight in one hand and bend to that side slighty then straighten back up, using your abs. Switch sides.
1 minute plank
:30 side plank per side

 



Since it was such a nice day out, Ben and I decided to go hiking at Mint Springs, a little park that is 1 minute from my house. We ended up doing a nice 2 mile hike, and my legs got an even nicer workout because I had to keep step with Ben!
 We got to see this lovely view at one point:
 
And we also came along this:
 
It was a great fitness filled day with my prince ;)
 
 

No comments: