Tuesday, April 9, 2013

B.A.B

Wondering what today's subject line stands for?---Butt. Abs. Back.

Creative, I know ;)

Let's back track to this morning:

I planned on making dinner for my family tonight and decided to make Creamy Italian Chicken Crock pot. (*you can find the recipe on the Recipe page*).

I put all the ingredients in the crockpot before I left for work this morning so that all I would need to do when I got home was cook some pasta (egg noodles) to go with the chicken and toss up a salad. YUM!




 
 
Now onto the workout!
I found this squat challenge online last night and decided to accept it! Here we go booty for the next 30 days! Any other takers?
 I did today's squat using the squat machine.
 
 
 
The rest of the Butt workout looked like this:
50 skaters
80 side leg lifts with resistant bands (*this also works your outer thigh a bit)
75 fire hydrants
25 ball rolls
 
Abs
100 bicycles
50 reverse crunches
50 russian twists with weights
50 "sitting indian style" sit ups
50 side crunches per side
1 minute plank
 

 This next exercise works both butt and back--> Supermans with ball. Below are pictures that best describe it (disregard my awkward picture taking):
 
Starting position....body flat. arms on ground (unless you're taking pictures of yourself in the mirror). Ball on ground with feet holding onto it.

Lift legs and arms up at the same time then lower.
 
Back
 After doing 50 supermans, I did 45 (3x15) on the upper back machine and 45 (3x15) doing lat pulldown.
 
 
I am looking for lower back exercises so if anyone has any suggestions, please send them my way!
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Too many typos in my last comment, that's what I get for writing this in class ;)

I know a great lower back exercise! Laying with your front down and balancing on your pelvis at the back/top half of an exercise ball (like the one in your pictures), lift (using your back) and bring your abdominal region off the ball so you're balanced on your pelvis, hold for 3-5 seconds, and lower back down. You can complete this with weights or without :) It works best in sets of 3x20 (but you can do 3x15 as well)