Friday, April 26, 2013

2.62 for Boston

This morning while I was checking facebook over breakfast, I came across this event--->


Seeing that my plans for this weekend fell through, I was suddenly free for this weekend and thought this would be a nice way to run for a wonderful cause. I left a note for my family asking if they wanted to join as well (which they did).

It was a beautiful evening for a run and the event was very low key (no time, just ran 10 1/2 laps) with some UVa students, community members such as ourselves and some runners from the area who ran in Boston!

Everyone got ribbons to wear and you could donate to get a shirt, which I did for my mom, Caroline and I to share :)


 
We took a quick group picture then it was off on this nice, casual run! I've gotten so used to running on roads, gravel, hills, etc that running around in a circle on a track felt like a whole new experience (especially since I haven't run on one since Track&Field days in middle school).
Since this was just a casual run, I didn't bring a watch, just my ipod.
 
It was nice to see everyone out enjoying themselves on this lovely Friday evening and I'm so glad my family was able to join! :)
 
Have a great weekend!

No comments: